Saturday, January 22, 2011

How I envision myself as a member of CLP in 2011

I envision myself growing, with more love, understanding and respect for not only the people I already know and care about, but also for people around the globe. I've listened to many members of my CLP family talk about this invisible "fence" or boarder that divides countries, cities, religious groups and so on. They've talked so passionately about it. They say it's because of these invisible boarders we go through life believing there's "us" and and there is "them". Their problems do not affect us, how could they, right? I've come to understand that we can't look at is as "us" vs "them". I mean think about it... Look at the division between the poor and the rich in this country. As much as we may not wanna believe it, there are not that many people that fall into the middle ground. And why may that be?... It's because those at the bottom do not get equal access to resources and the people at the top (those who are able to access the resources) don't see it as their problem. So they live their lives care free and refuse to uncover the truth. Imagine  if we all collaborated and worked together toward safety, health, and equality for all? Why should some people work full time and still not have enough money to feed their family while other families live off of inherited wealth? WHY? 

I see myself digging for reasons to discover answers to the above questions within myself and within the CLP family.

No comments:

Post a Comment